Saturday 24 February 2018

My extreme Cardboard project -1 shelf without sticking to wall in easy 6 STEPS!

Hi crafters,

Hope you all are enjoying crafts. As you all know that I strongly believe in using the things which you already have. Its my way of recycling. 

So in that series, today I am showing you all a very easy and effective way to make a shelf under the table or at any  place where you don't want to put nails, especially for rented houses with less storage.
We purchased a table few years back which is still kept in a corner in the room, since then. I did a huge extension of the table by adding 8 drawers and 2 almirah on top of the drawers. It has not only enhanced the look but also has expanded the storing capacity.

I wish, this project will encourage the hidden ideas of creative ones to come in shape and this post will help you to figure out the things and do experiments together.

In today's post I will only show you how to attach /make drawers without sticking anything anywhere.

Things you need :

1) Cradboard, cardboard and lot of cardboards
2) PVA glue
3) Glue gun
4) Craft knife
5) Decorative paper (optional)
6) Scissor 


So, first thing first take a measurement of width and length, here is my unused table.  wanted to make some drawers in this empty box section, without sticking and putting nails etc.



STEP :1

The idea I had in my mind was going to apply on cardboards. In the beginning I made the two strong sheets of cardboard, for that I glued 4 pieces of cardboard together. Alternating the grain of the cardboard will increase the strength considerably. For the dividing shelf base, 4 pieces were used as well. Here I made 2 strong sheets of cardboard as shown in the picture below.




STEP :2 

The next part is to make drawer sections, for that make a strong cardboard sheet (by sticking 4 card boards together, soon i will upload a tutorial on this as well) and cut 1 to 1.5 inch strips, stick them accordingly. These stripes plays main role in the making of shelf, because they are the one who is going to hold the weight of the divider and the drawers. Sometimes I use cable tie to tie them with cardboards. I am showing u all the closer view of the stripe I sicked.


Please measure the height of drawers and stick the stripes on both of the walls. Your both walls should be identical and are ready, now its time to make them stand on the sides of the box space, showing below in the picture.




STEP : 3

After your side vertical walls are ready, Its time to make the divider/drawer base, because I am making 3 drawers, hence made 2 base sheet, which are going to settle on two stripes. As I mentioned above each base sheet is made out of 4 glued sheet together with altering grains as it always increases the strength of sheet.





 STEP:4 

Place them in between the walls and you will get 3 section for drawers.






STEP : 5

Next step is to make cardboard drawers. I made 3 cardboard drawers here and for covering them, I chose wall paper, but, any of a number of finishes can be used, depending on the desired look. It could be acrylic paint, wall paper, decorative paper cloth or oil based colour, the choice it totally up to you. 





STEP:6

Be proud , your creation is all ready!






The final table turned out to be super robust I can actually put quite a bit of weight on this without any problem. Thanks for looking my crafts. stay tuned for lot of upcoming crafts.








googlecf36bb223656bb56.html

1 comment:

  1. This is simply amazing. Its not just the best use of recyclables but also space, it is customised to personal needs and furniture and walls friendly. It is quite simplified, neatly done and so clearly explained. Thanks a tonn for sharing!

    ReplyDelete