Wednesday 11 February 2015

DIY Very easy Cardboard alphabet letter T


Well, I am loving this, too. I do lots of activities with my LO and used to make little things to make my DS busy and was curious to google new ideas n tips when I found lots of amazing pins on pinterest and literally, there are thousand of way to make a letter, wooden letter, cardboard letter, yarn latter, concrete letter, vintage letter, metal letter I mean options are endless...but again, I was stuck on my loving cardboard letter and decided to give it a go.For me this is best way to share your photo collage with everyone.





         
Supplies needed:- 

-Cardboard
-Empty yogurt pot
-Glue
-Vibrant/Mod podge (sealant)
-Scissors / craft knife
-News papers
-Photos ( I used B&W pics)


  • I pick 2 pieces of card boards, the size of cardboard depends on the size of your letter, then I drew"T" shape on the cardboard (for me that was the hardest past). I used craft knife to cut the shape.
  • Next thing I did was to put empty yogurt pot in between the card boards. If you don't have a yogurt pots you can put anything witch is capable enough to made the letter uniform. you can make cardboard stripe and with the help of glue turn them in a circle you will need six circles or six yogurt pots.
  • Put several layers of paper pages on the letter to cover it all over. you can use normal diluted PVA  glue, just to make spreading easy, then start sticking your pieces of news papers to cover the entire letter. 




.This part is absolutely optional, my DS wanted to color his letter. That's the good part of cardboard, you can basically just have a go and experiment and not to worry about you are "wasting " anything.  




  • Now here comes the fun part, I chose B&W picture because i love the look of black and white but its totally up to you, if you want you can choose colored pics too. 
  • After choosing your photos your photos will need to be shaped and trimmed to fit the letters. Once you have determined where you want to place the photos, you can easily create a crease in the paper to match the shape of the letter. My letter was covered from sides as well. 
  • So first, decide the layout of the photos (including which photo overlaps the other, etc). Once you decide that, Glue them and apply sealant.I used Vibrant. 





Your final product, here it is all ready!



Thanks for looking. Here are some of my other cardboard makes-  cardboard table, cardboard bed .

Thums up!




2 comments:

  1. It looks great and your fellow little artist is so cute x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awee... thats so sweet. Thanks for your kind words..

      Delete