Wednesday 11 February 2015

DIY cheap Cardboard bed




Hi Crafters,

It was the surprise knowing that people actually do researches on card boards or on related things. I mean WOW!!!

I used to make little things to make my DS busy and was curious to google new ideas n tips when I accidentally found this amazing video on you tube (Bálint Fekete ). I watched this video hundreds of time because I was so impressed with the concept of cardboard bed and was so eager to try this and after reading the comments section only I came to know that this is a part of his thesis. You can find his video on you tube here as well.

 






As I mentioned earlier that I love recycling and do lot of experiments so I never throw them. Instead, I make them flat to hide them absolutely anywhere (this is the beauty of cardboard  cartons), which I used to do in my previous accommodation. This time I was lucky enough to get separate storage place in my house hence they  straight come to my storage. Luckily few days back we bought a  new Ikea almirha so had a big carton in my store.


Well, because I didn't have any measurement or template so I started it just by hitting the arrow in the dark, absolutely, which was not easy. And at the end result was not bad for my cardboard bed.

Things I used for this -

:- Lot of card boards

:- Craft knife

:- Ruler / Inch tape

:- Cable tie (yeah I used some cable tie)

:- Duct tape

Yeah, surprisingly No glue for this...lol!



cardboard pieces all together....

After adding the last piece it was looking like that 

Now time to deal with this space

So simple...

Different shades of duct tape helped me up to made it more attractive n colorful. Along with this little drawers under it, turned it in extra useful and enhancing furniture.


    Extra little drawers covered with Duck tape.

Extra storage for little things...

Oh I am loving this... 

Today this bed is 9 months old.


It is a shame that I don't have a step by step tutorial or pictures, but of course, I have an end product and here it is!


If you like this cardboard bed you may like my cardboard stool  for kids. 
Thanks for reading my page, if you have any suggestion for me, please drop me a comment. 


2 comments:

  1. Love this bed! What size did bed frame did you make. Any suggestions in making each cardboard piece identical and able to fix into the next? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete